Sunday, August 29, 2010

Food Success....Finally!

This is what our oven looks like after spending forever at the store and making everything from scratch to create the perfect homemade pizza and then waiting for it to cook and then finally dropping it yummy side down on the oven door. I was very upset to say the least. It was about 9:30pm and I hadn't eaten dinner yet. Beau could hear me cussing at it from upstairs as he put Tatum down for bed.
Round 2:
Since my oven was nasty I decided to use the bbq. Success! I recommend fresh basil and tomatoes to anyone making their own pizza...it makes all the difference.
So we picked our watermelon early and it was a flop so when Beau brought in this tiny little cantaloupe my expectations were the same. No flop. Delicious!

Beau was happy to be right. I had no faith in the little thing.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How horrible! The second one looks awesome though. :) That is one tiny cantaloupe. Glad it was yummy. My tomatoes sucked it up this year, but I got 2 cherry tomatoes that I swear were the best ones I've ever eaten. Ohh the little things...

Lyndzi said...

I found your blog through Trinette's! That is such a sad sad story about the pizza. I think Jeff would have also heard me cussing from the top of the stairs.

The Albrecht's said...

Your poor oven and poor you for having to clean-up that mess:( Glad the 2nd pizza turned out good! It looked yummy! I can't believe how big Tatum is getting. She is adorable! And congrats on the pregnancy (I don't think I got a chance to say that). I'm so excited for you guys! Are you going to find out what you are having?

You are welcome to come and stay at our house in October! We would love to have you!! If you don't have our phone numbers let me know!